Wyoming Elementary

Wyoming Elementary

A bold, modern, colorful and fully responsive template



Emergency forms are necessary for each child. If a child becomes ill or injured in school, parents will be contacted first. If the school is unable to contact the parents, the alternate person on the emergency form will be called. Please notify the school when changes in telephone numbers and alternate persons occur during the year.


The health office is located in the front school office, and is used for ill or injured children during school hours. If a child is too ill to remain in class, parents will be called to pick up the child. If a child is injured in school, the parents will be notified regarding a serious injury and asked to pick up their child. Health Care is administered by licensed staff who are CPR and first aid certified.


Minnesota School Immunization Law requires the following immunizations before entering kindergarten, unless otherwise exempt for medical reasons or conscientious beliefs of the parent or guardian.
  • DTP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis); 5 doses
  • Polio; 4 doses
  • MMR (measles, mumps, rubella); 2 doses
  • Hepatitis B; 3 doses
  • Varicella (Chicken Pox); 2 doses 


District 831 has a medication policy which states that NO MEDICATIONS (including over-the-counter medication such as Tylenol or Advil) will be given in school without a written order from doctor and parent written permission. Medication authorization forms may be obtained from the school office or doctors clinic. The medication must be in a current prescription bottle or original bottle for over-the-counter medication. Parents are requested to bring medication to school rather than sending it with their child.


A health record is kept for each child. This health record includes hearing and vision screening results, immunization dates, and other health related information. The health record is updated annually. If your child has a specific health problem, please document this on the emergency form and inform the school nurse, or principal.


Vision and hearing screening will be completed according to State Health Department recommendations. Parents will be notified by the school if a professional examination is necessary. Contact the school for special vision and hearing requests.


Pursuant to the Minnesota Statute requiring schools to inform parents and guardians if they apply certain pesticides on school property we are providing you with the following information:
  • Spraying in the building: this is done only in the kitchen areas of the building by a licensed commercial applicator. Time schedule is one day per month. The specific schedule is on file in the principal’s office.
  • Spraying outside the building: the scheduled time for fertilization/weed control is in the spring before germination of troublesome annual weeds. This is followed up in the late fall with pre-winter application. Our heavily used athletic fields will receive monthly applications during the summer months. A product designed for total control along fence lines, on sidewalks, and around building structures is also used as needed during the growing season. All areas will be adequately signed when product is applied.
  • Emergency spraying: for the control of bees or other stinging insects we will use an insecticide as needed in the specific area of the problem such as around the garbage dumpsters. We will also use ant traps and liquids as required to control ant infestations.
State law also requires us to inform you that the long-term health effects on children from the application of pesticides or the class of chemicals to which they belong may not be fully understood.

Specific application schedules are on file in the school office. If you would like to be notified prior to pesticide applications made on days other than those specified in the estimated schedule (excluding emergency applications), please contact our school office at (651) 982-8000.


Jami Kenyon